Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spring Garden

Here are some pictures from around my yard this spring. The front, east side of the house (I have nothing on the west side - I need to get something to balance out the azaleas):





After the light pink and white azalea flowers fell off, I was surprised to see this orangey-red one bloom right next to them:



I missed this purple flower at its peak, but here it is before the petals completely fell off. This is alongside the west side of the house:


My herb and vegetable garden is looking pretty good, I think - a lot better than last year. I've got some basil, cilantro, rosemary, mint, parsley, red bell peppers, sungold tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, and marigolds around the edge:







I ate that orange sungold a few days ago, and by today the three yellow ones were nice and ripe and sweet. Here is my dinner from earlier this evening:
  • leftover tomato-goat cheese quiche made with fresh herbs from the garden
  • Swiss chard (from Durham's farmers market) sauteed in olive oil with red onion, garlic, and seasoning
  • sungold tomatoes from the garden
  • toasted oat wheat bread from Durham's farmers market




Yummy!

More photos from my little garden can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only problem I have with the picture of your meal is that there weren't two plates.
-CG