Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day at Camden Yards

For Mother's Day last weekend I took my mom to an Orioles game at Camden Yards. We were both pretty excited about it because we are big fans but neither of us had been to a game in a long time. Unfortunately, the Orioles lost to the Yankees 5-3 (grrr! all those Yankee fans looked so smug!), but we still had a great time. Also unfortunately, I came SO FRICKIN CLOSE to nabbing a foul ball! I am not kidding! I was coming back from the bathroom, heading up the ramp to the seating area when this foul ball sailed right over my head. I assumed there'd be a mob of people going after it, so I kind of only half-heartedly turned around and went back inside the stadium. To my surprise, almost no one was looking for it except me and some kid. I was scanning the floor quickly, but we were right by a stadium entrance, so I started gazing outside the stadium, wondering if it had rolled out there. Then some guy walking by with his food stopped right next to me, squatted down, and picked up the ball that I had completely not seen!! Grrr, this was more frustrating than the Orioles losing I think! Oh well.

Anyway, our seats were under the club-level overhang, but they were field level and a pretty good view, including of the Oriole's dugout:





I got some pretty good pictures of my favorite players. Melvin Mora (notice everyone using the pink bats and armbands for Mother's Day and breast cancer awareness):



Adam Jones (heal quickly, Mr. Jones!):



Nick Markakis:



and of course Brian Roberts:



and more Brian Roberts:



and more Brian Roberts:



Ooh, and this was really cute - the Oriole bird's mom was there for Mother's Day!



And this was really funny: a few fans had these foam syringes that said "A-roids" in orange lettering. Get it? Haha! Here's the back of one of them here. The fans were waving them in the air whenever A-rod was up at bat, and the security person was asking this fan to knock it off, although the Coors Light guy appears to appreciate it!



The rest of my photos, including even more of Brian Roberts, can be viewed here.

No comments: