Monday, July 07, 2008

Newfoundland

I am terribly behind in my blogging, so much so that probably no one - except for Kate, Andrew, and my mom - is checking my blog for updates anymore :) St. Johns, Newfoundland was a really nice trip. I'm glad I was able to break away from the ASLO conference for a little bit to do some running, sightseeing, and hiking. Up by Cabot Tower you could see some remnant icebergs that had drifted into the cliffs (kinda hard to make out in this photo - remember my digital camera broke, and my old Minolta just doesn't seem as good). Anyway, the color of the water around the ice chunks was really pretty:



On the last day of the conference I slipped out early to do an out-n-back run/hike of the East-Coast Trail (http://www.eastcoasttrail.com/trail/). It was an overcast sky, but still beautiful scenery! I ran/hiked about 18 miles (including the 3 miles to get from the hotel to the trailhead). It was a good workout!










My attempt at a self-portrait :)

3 comments:

Tom Rice said...

Hey GB

I check your blog regularly, so keep us informed about life in North Carolina when you get a chance. Newfoundland looks spectacular.

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Interesting pic of the iceberg remnants. Somehow I bet you were the only conference participant doing the 18 mile hike. ;P
-KN

Beth said...

Hi Sandra :) I have just bookmarked your blog and am looking forward to keeping in better touch with you. Take care!