Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Blacksburg, VA

Andrew and I spent a day in Blacksburg en route to moving me out to North Carolina. We took a short hike on the Dragon's Tooth trail, which follows the AT for a bit. It was a beautiful day until the hike back to the car when it POURED on us!









These little raccoons must've known the rain was coming. That's probably what they were trying to tell us with all that chattering! They drew attention to themselves, and we saw them climb into their tree hole. I think I've only seen raccoons going through garbage cans or dead on the side of the road and never thought they were very cute, but these little guys sure were!

See this one climbing the tree:


And this one with his cute little face peeking out of the hole:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This area is beautiful; one area of the country I've never ventured to...

Happy trails,

Connie :)