Friday, July 25, 2008

Madeline



This is an old picture of Madeline, but it captures her current spirit. Poor thing wants to go outside all the time! I've tried to explain to her that it's too dark and there are too many mosquitoes and I've showered so I don't want to put on more bug spray. But we were out in the backyard earlier this evening and as I was putting sticks in the compost bin, Madeline started trying to attack the sticks like they were string toys. Then I started throwing them, and she chased them, although they were a little too big for her to get her mouth around them (and she usually only "fetches" paper wads and broccoli stems). She's just like a dog, it's so funny! But what was really hilarious was the dirty little trick I pulled to bring her back inside - I ran across the yard, up the steps, and inside, waving a stick behind me, and Madeline bounded after me the whole way. She was kind of pissed off when I then threw the stick outside and closed the door :) Hmm, maybe next time she goes under the porch I can coax her out with a stick instead of cat treats! It's so weird, I've never met a cat as dog-like as she is.

I haven't mentioned the Orioles in a while because it is sad. They've been slipping further and further below .500. They lost to Toronto twice yesterday, and I am scared to check the standings. They are losing to LA now, but Jay Payton just hit a 2 run double, so now they're only down 5-3 in the 7th. Maybe they can do it!

1 comment:

Tom Rice said...

Geez, my Madeline Rose has gotten out of the house a few times accidentally but has never roamed farther than a few feet from the door. She usually stands there, looks around, and has an "Oh God, what do I do now?" expression on her terrified face.

Go White Sox.