Thursday, April 19, 2007

My second attempt at 26.2...

...was successful! Well, my first attempt was successful too, but disappointing. This time - at the St. Louis Marathon - I finished in 4:20:12, which I was happy with because my goal was 4:25. I actually think I ran the first half too slow, even though I was on my goal pace, because I had so much energy left at the end. Here's a pilfered copyrighted photo of me shortly before mile 26:



I was feeling pretty strong, so maybe I should set a more ambitious goal for my next marathon. My next road marathon, that is. My next 26.2 is a trail marathon, and I'm totally excited about it. Check out the pics at the Grand Island Trail Marathon site. But after that will be the Baltimore Marathon on Oct. 13, right Kate? Maybe I'll try to do that in 4:00.

I just got a photo CD developed. Check out this cute picture of Madeline trying to stay warm when my heat wasn't working in December:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sandra, you look pretty strong there! Soon enough, you'll be doing marathons just for practice!

I'm going to do a test run tomorrow, to see if I like running. First I'll buy some running shoes. If I think of it as a test of endurance, I think I might be able to do it. I sure am glad it's in October and not September!!

-Kate