Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Baseball!

It's baseball season!! I'm not a White Sox fan, but it was pretty exciting watching Mark Buerle pitch a no-hitter just now - first Sox no-hitter in 16 years. And against the Texas Rangers - they're a pretty good hitting team. My beloved Orioles are doing so-so as usual, but at least they're currently tied with those nasty Yankees in the standings instead of trailing them. So far there are two major disappointments in MLB that I hope will soon change.

Disappointment #1: My Phillies stink
:

Even Kansas City is doing better.

Disappointment #2: Brian Roberts' hair:

No Brian! The former Johnny Damon look is NOT for you, my cute, strong, base-stealing future husband.

Note to my loyal readers: You're probably thinking "future husband? Whatever, she's fantasizing about her favorite player." But check out Brian's biography, direct from the Orioles website (click to enlarge):

See how it begins? "Single..."!! I've read plenty of other MLB players biographies, and none of them actually mention when a player is single. This must mean Brian WANTS us 20-something female Orioles fans to know he's single and looking. And Brian and I would make a perfect match. According to a recent Post article, Brian is a soft-spoken and hard-working. He's one of the smallest MLB players, but he's got tremendous power, speed, and intellect about the game. He's very religious - more so than me, I think - but we could make it work! I wish I wasn't so shy - I am kicking myself for not talking to him when my parents and I had 4th row seats between home and the O's on-deck circle at a game last summer. I missed my chance to give him my number, but I am confident there will be other opportunities.

BUT...Brian, sweetie, if you don't cut your hair, I may begin to turn my lustings to your teammate, Corey Patterson. He's pretty hot too, although his biography doesn't specify if he is single. Here's a photo of my two prospective boyfriends:

No comments: