Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another one that makes me mad...

I meant to blog about this a few days ago when I first heard about this conservative evangelical's blog, but here's a recent article from The Post. This is so ridiculous that I almost don't know what to say. Like Kate commented, it disgusts me how much time and energy is wasted on issues like this when there are so many more pressing issues. Like instead of worrying about whether a baby is going to be born gay and how to prevent it from "becoming a sinner", we could focus our resources on troubled and disadvantaged kids so they don't grow up to become addicts, criminals, or poor. Or whatever. But our society and media insist on pushing sexuality to the forefront. Just skimming The Post's site today there are three articles on sexuality: the one above, this one on Clinton and Obama, and this one on school curriculum.

I had a nice weekend, something that hasn't happened in a while due to certain people hurting me. I had a friend over for dinner (cheddar tomato soup, salad, bread, merlot) and a movie (Invincible) on Friday. On Saturday I went running at Kickapoo State Park - and I wish I'd had my camera with me! I saw two indigo buntings, a red-headed woodpecker, lots of deer (of course), and...three river otters!! They were adorable - they were really close to me, and kept poking their heads in and out of the water, looking right at me. I could've gotten the cutest photos, but who goes running with a camera? Oh well. Then my cousin Gail and her husband Mike came to visit me (thank you guys!). We hit the local coffee shop and international food stores and then met up with some of my friends from work at Mike & Molly's bar for St. Patty's Day. I had Bailey's and peppermint schnapps - yum! After Gail & Mike left, I went with a friend to see the Bratpack, an '80s cover band, at Chiefs. On Sunday morning I somehow managed to get up at 6:30 so I could run at Forest Glen with people from my running club. I'm glad I made it - it was an absolutely gorgeous day at a gorgeous park. Again, I wish I'd had my camera. Illinois DOES have REAL hills! I seriously felt like I was back in PA or western MD. It had so many steep hills (and stream crossings) that it took us over 2 hr to run 11 miles - it was quite a workout. But afterwards we re-carbed at the park's annual Maple Syrup Festival - all the pancakes, sausage, and real maple syrup you can eat for $5. Yum! Then we took a quick tour of the sugar shack before heading back to Champaign.

Well, no river otter or Forest Glen pictures, so instead here's a random, happy picture to show off that I took at Yellowstone back in '98:

No comments: