Friday, April 30, 2010

Soft-shelled crabs

This week's share from Walking Fish was soft-shell crabs and clams. Yum! I watched way too many youtube videos on how to prepare and cook soft-shell crabs, and then I decided to partially document my own experience!




I prepared the three smaller crabs first and then did the larger one, which was more lively.







I breaded them with seasoned flour and cornmeal and sauteed them in butter:







Lastly, I slapped it on a whole wheat kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, and mayo:



It was a little crunchier and juicer than I expected (I don't think I cleaned them as well as I should have) but yum! I cooked and ate two of them and froze two of them. On the Walking Fish website it said it was okay to freeze them, but we'll see how the frozen ones do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heaven on earth!
wish i could have helped you eat them!
-CG