Monday, April 20, 2009

Selfish Thief

In my previous post I sort of rhetorically threw out there the idea of calling Sarah Palin a "heartless thief" for her political desire to take away a woman's right to choose. However, after reading this column, I think "selfish thief" is a better description. As Marcus writes "Abortion is a personal issue and a personal choice. The government has no business taking that difficult decision away from those who must live with the consequences." How dare Palin assume that the choices she made are the right ones for every woman out there, or that we don't deserve to have available to us the choices that were available to her. But maybe, just maybe, she'll reflect further on how fortunate she was to have such choices, and Sarah Palin the Politican will see the light. More broadly, I hope everyone with the political power and desire to one day govern my uterus will see the light and finally understand.

No comments: