Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Snow Day!

We actually had a snow day on Monday! 2-3 measly inches is all it takes for Duke to cancel classes. I was mostly cozy and productive at home, but I did take a couple walks around the neighborhood. Here is my snow-covered street (well actually the snow-covered vegetation bordering the street):



I thought my neighbor's snow-covered trees across the street looked really pretty:



My house doesn't look that exciting - I need to get a shrubbery! (but not too expensive, haha):



I walked through Northgate park near my house. It wasn't as pretty as I thought it'd be - the snow was melting pretty rapidly - but this little creek looked kind of nice:




This March snowfall caught some of the flowers off-guard. My daffodils aren't blooming yet, but lots of my neighbors' flowers were. I saw quite a few snow-covered blooms on my walk. I should have gotten a close-up shot of my next door neighbor's flowering bush - it's in the picture to the right of my house - all the egg-yolk-yellow flowered were frosted with snow.

Speaking of flowers, Andrew's mom gave me this lovely pink bouquet for my 30th birthday:

No comments: