Sunday, February 24, 2008

Madeline's String Toy Art

I came home yesterday afternoon and found this. I was very impressed with Madeline's perpendicular arrangement of two of her favorite toys:



She should be featured in volume 2 of Why Cats Paint.

Yesterday my friend Adam and I went cross-country skiing at the Allerton Schroth Trail. I feel lucky to have gotten to ski twice this winter! The conditions weren't the best - the snow was a little wet and melty in the sunny open areas - but the majority of it was fun. When I was running this trail a couple weeks ago, it was flooded. So lots of the trees by the river had these "ice skirts" - sheets of ice stuck around the trunk, remnants of where the previous water level had frozen. These pictures didn't turn out that well, but they looked pretty cool in person:



2 comments:

Ragfield said...

I also skied at Allerton on the Schroth trail yesterday. I was there from about 2-3:30pm. It was a little unfortunate that the snow was so spotty. It seemed really strange that 6" of snow melted so fast when the temperature remained below freezing...

Anonymous said...

Becky and I saw similar ice skirts at Clinton last weekend! They were cool!
-CG