Tuesday, February 05, 2008

February!

Happy Birthday to me! I got 7 inches of snow for my birthday, and so the next day Andrew and I went cross-country skiing. It was a gorgeous winter day and we had a blast:





Then afterward we went to KRR's Fat Ass party where we each won a Mardi Gras shot glass like no other:



I have updated my "current reads" in the favorite book list part of my profile. I am reading (or rather listening to in the lab) a really great novel that I randomly picked up in the library. It is called The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh, and I highly recommend it. It's fiction, but it actually goes quite well with the non-fiction book I'm reading When Rivers Run Dry by Fred Pearce. On the lighter side I'm also reading Stephen Colbert's I Am America (and So Can You!), which I got for my birthday.

2 comments:

Ragfield said...

I had a lot of fun skiing in the recent snow as well. Out of curiosity, where were you skiing in those pictures?

-Rob

Ragfield said...

I'll have to check into skiing at Kickapoo if/when it snows again.

-Rob