Wednesday, August 01, 2007

26.2 #3

Last Saturday I ran the Grand Island Trail Marathon, along with Don, Tony, Ellen, and Andrew. It was my 3rd marathon, 1st on a trail. It was kinda tough, but I did okay (4:31). One thing I liked about it was it was small and most of the runners were pretty laid back and not overly concerned about their time. In fact, this one nice couple running the race saw me taking pictures at an overlook around mile 19 and suggested we take each others' pictures. Here's the one they took of me:



Of course another thing I liked about the race was the beautiful scenery. It helped me forget about my knee pain!





The rest of the pictures I took during the race can be found here (I carried a disposable camera, so they're not that great).

God dammit, the Orioles just lost to the Red Sox! So close, too (5-4) :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I told you, you run 'em for recreation!

-Kate

Greg said...

Congrats, Sandra! That looks like it was a fun race. You're going to be an ultra runner in no time if you're not careful!

Unknown said...

nice fanny pack! you should wear that to tennis. we could keep balls in it. ;-)