Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lovie Smith Becomes First African-American Coach To Lose Super Bowl

...a headline from "The Onion" that made me crack up. Read the article here. I also liked this: White House Quietly Retracts Entire State Of The Union Address and this: Touring Raffi Refuses To Play 'Shake My Sillies Out'. Did anyone else watch Raffi videos as a child? Maybe I know him just cuz my mom's a preschool teacher.

I just came across this on The Onion's site, too (hee hee!):



Hey Kate and Andrew and anyone else who has attempted to comment in vain: I changed my settings so that ANYONE can post a comment on my blog. I don't want to discriminate against non-Blogger account people.

I feel like posting a random picture, but I haven't taken or drawn any in a while, so here is an award-winning photo of a copepod taken by my friend and Ph.D. committee member Dr. Robert Moeller. Robert if you're reading this I hope you don't mind:



Isn't it beautiful? Doesn't it make you wish you studied zooplankton like I do?

More random musings: my friends and (certain) family members are fantastic. A very sincere thank you to all of you who have listened to me rant, cry, curse, and cry some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! I get to comment whenever I want! I'll get to use your blog as my own semi-blog (like a parasite! he he), 'cause I haven't established my own. I'd be happy to supply cute pics of furry animals for ya!

-Kate

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice photo there. Not everyday that you get to see a copepod in color (except on Spongebob) It's almost as good as the one of you having tea in Paris. Whoever took that one must have really known what he was doing!
- Andrew