Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bon Anniversaire a moi!

Today is my birthday! The big 2-8. I went searching on the internet to see which famous people share my bday, and I hadn't heard of most of them. These were the ones I knew:
  • Lisa Marie Presley
  • Clark Gable
  • Boris Yeltsin
  • Langston Hughes
After my birthday, the most notable event that's occurred on Feb 1 in recent history is Janet Jackson's nipple incident. Ha ha, kidding. Well, that really did happen on Feb. 1 (2004), but on a more serious note the most memorable event is probably the Columbia Shuttle explosion (Feb. 1, 2003). On a happier note, Canada introduced their Civil Marriage Act on Feb 1, 2005. Ooh, I just found something else. Besides being Groundhog Eve, Feb 1 is National Porridge Day in parts of Northern England (so I guess it's not really "national"). Isn't Wikipedia great?

No comments: