Monday, June 08, 2009

Race for the Cure

Tomorrow I'm doing the Triangle Race for the Cure in Raleigh. The team I joined has already raised more than their goal of $10,000, but please feel free to support me! The race is tomorrow, but you can donate until the end of June. These donations go toward an excellent cause that includes funding mammograms and other cancer screenings for uninsured and underinsured women and funding scientific research. Visit this site to make a donation.

Last weekend I did the Global Race for the Cure in D.C. with my mom and other people from our church. It's a fun time, but reading everyone's signs and tee shirts always stirs emotions - both happy and sad:











Here is the sign my mom - a breast cancer survivor - wears every year:



The rest of my pictures are here.

No comments: