Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow!

I love snow! I really do - I think it's pretty and peaceful (although my opinion changes somewhat in treacherous driving conditions). I thought that moving to North Carolina meant no more snow (or least not enough snow to ever cover the ground), but looky what Madeline and I saw out our window this morning:



Yay! I wish I had some cross-country skis (it's just barely enough, I think), but running in it this evening will be fun, too. Hmm, I hope the other Godivans show up for our East Campus run! It is possible these southern folk don't feel the same way I do about running in the snow.

So exciting! Here is my first house experiencing its first snow (with me as homeowner, that is):



I don't own a snow shovel yet, but I think it'll be okay. The snow on the sidewalk is starting to melt already. Here is my neighbor's holly tree with berries and snow:



Here, I was trying to take a picture of the little sweetgum balls with snow caps:



I decided to stay home today and watch the inauguration. Two things that made me happy today: snow and the fact that BUSH IS FINALLY OUTTA THERE! Good riddance, too. I might leave my "Bush's Last Day" bumper sticker up for a while longer, just to prolong the celebration that he's GONE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya showin' Bush the door, girl.

Have fun running in the snow and show those southerners how it's done!

Happy trails,

Connie :)

Anonymous said...

I like how President Bush was booed when he went out on the dais. classy bunch out there on the mall.
CG