Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fun weekend!

This weekend I went to Amanda and Matt's wedding, my friends from grad school. It was a beautiful little ceremony by Lake Michigan:



Barley the ringbearer suppressed his urges to frolic in the lake (with a little help from the bride's brother) and successfully carried out his ring-bearing duties:



Before the wedding I wrangled this poisonous snake that I came across in the wilds of Chicago:



Okay, maybe it's not really poisonous (it's a Mexican milksnake). And maybe the wilds of Chicago are actually the Notebaert Nature Museum in Lincoln Park. Besides reptiles, this museum had a very cool butterfly garden where I took many pictures. Below is one of my favorites; view the rest here.



Then on Sunday I went to my first Cubs game at Wrigley Field! I went with my friend Kyle, who I hadn't seen in ages. The Cubs beat the braves 10-1. It was exciting - several home runs, including DeRosa's grand slam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look good in that! You should wear it more often.

(milk snake)

cuz